Applications are sought from individuals who have a minimum of 5 years PQE gained within private client.
Applications will be considered from Solicitor and Legal Executive level. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a high level of experience across all areas of private client and the ability to deal with a full and varied caseload.
The Head of Wills and Probate will be responsible for the growth and future development of the department and will be confident in dealing with all areas of private client work, including Wills, Probates, complex estate planning matters including inheritance tax planning and trust creation.
- Handling a diverse caseload of Wills, Probate, Lasting Power of Attorneys, Trusts and Estate Management.
- Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with clients ensuring regular contact throughout the case and providing tailored advice.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and internal procedures are adhered to.
- Lead business development for the department including firm-wide marketing initiatives and networking events.
- Stay up to date on changes in legislation, case law and best practices.
- Mentor and manage other solicitors and junior members of the team, providing guidance, supervision and feedback to support their professional growth.
- You will be the senior reporting officer for the WIQS scheme, and you will be responsible for ensuring that the Law Society Wills and Inheritance Protocol is adhered to across the department.
- You will have excellent communication, client care and organisational skills.
- Prior leadership experience with the ability to mentor and supervise Solicitors and junior members of the team.
- You will be able to work independently as well as have the ability to work well within a team.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have experience working within a case management system.
- You will be able to perform tasks accurately, reliably, efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- You will be personable and good at dealing with clients.
- STEP membership or working towards membership is desired but not essential.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- 20 days annual leave per annum (excluding Bank Holidays) plus ½ day for your birthday.
- Long Service annual leave bonus accruing an extra day every two years of service (up to a maximum of 5 days).
- Office closure for the entire festive period (in addition to the above holiday allowance).
- Private Health Care.
- Company contribution under the pension scheme.
- Hybrid working (working two days a week at home).
- Free Parking.